About the Department
The Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 2002 and committed to its
vocation for education, research and technological development. Mechanical Engineering involves the
design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of systems that shape our modern
society. Mechanical Engineering requires the fundamental principles of energy, materials, and
mechanics. Mechanical Engineering is used to assure the sustainability and operation of complex
structures and systems such as engines, robots, space vehicles, airplanes, and heating systems.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at Lloyd imparts technical know-how to the students,
promotes their problem-solving skills and involves them in the innovation of new technologies. In
the industrial plants, sales, medical area, and engineering management are just some of the places
where Mechanical Engineers have found work. We prepare our students not only to adjust to new
situations, but also to define and direct the changes that may come as a result of new
technological advancements. Mechanical Engineers have a good ability to design and deploy new
products and procedures. Consequently, they can be found working in huge commercial organizations
as well as specialist industries and consulting roles.
The four-year Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering is approved by the AICTE and affiliated to
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. The three-year Diploma
Programme is also approved by the AICTE and affiliated to the Board of Technical Education Uttar
Mechanical engineers are known for their wide range of skills, adaptability, and uniqueness.
Personal interests and visions of your place in an increasingly technologically-driven society will
have a significant impact on how you pursue a job. Numerous career prospects exist in Mechanical
Engineering after successful completion of the course.
The Mechanical Engineering Department of Lloyd Institute of Engineering and Technology, will mold
their students into technically sound as well as ethically perfect professionals with innovative
leadership qualities and a confident attitude for serving the society with global attention.
- To impart a thorough knowledge of various core engineering subjects to our entire
undergraduate and postgraduate students for ascertaining their fundamental strength in
- To expose our students to a curriculum consisting of modern laboratories, interdisciplinary
subjects and industrial training in such a way that they get international exposure in world
- To train our students with modern drafting & analysis software for developing their
computational capabilities as well as promoting higher studies and research works.
- To strengthen our students with innovative ideas and build the potential of leadership &
teamwork through various projects in their curriculum.
- To inhibit strong ethical qualities in the students for lifelong learning and serving the
society and nation as a whole.
- Aerospace Engineer - Aerospace engineers are required in developing and testing products for
the aerospace sector. This position necessitates sophisticated materials expertise as well as
experience drafting designs for helicopter, aircraft, spacecraft, rocket, and other related
machinery utilizing specialized computer tools.
- Automotive Engineer - Automotive engineers work on cars (including racing cars), motorcycles,
and other commercial vehicles in the design, manufacturing, transmission, marketing, sale, and
after-sales care. Engineers will focus on the vehicles' aesthetics and mechanical performance,
as well as the electronics and software that are used in modern vehicles.
Design Engineer -
Design engineers are in charge of conducting research and developing new products and systems
for a business. In an engineering department, they draw plans, build test prototypes, and
supervise the production process, among other things.
- Production Engineer - Production engineers are in charge of handling and overseeing production
at factories and enterprises. They provide support to engineering teams, design safety
protocols, report any problems to the manager, and devise ways to increase efficiency and
- Quality Engineer - A quality engineer is in charge of developing a strategy plan for improving
company processes and increasing output. Responsibilities include setting the company's
standards of quality and testing methods to indicate efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Robotics Engineer - Robotics engineers study, develop, design, and manufacture robotics
systems, and applications that are used in areas such as manufacturing, farming, healthcare,
mining, and the military to execute a variety of activities.
- Draftsman - A mechanical drafter converts design information and parameters from engineers into
schematics, technical drawings, and production plans using manual methods and/or computer-aided
drafting softwares. This makes it easier to manufacture customized tools and equipment.
The department of Mechanical Engineering has the following lab facilities with updated equipment
- Mechanical Workshop Lab
- Engineering Graphics & Design Lab
- Material Testing LabFluid Mechanics Lab
- Manufacturing Processes Lab
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing-II Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Theory of Machine Lab
- Internet of Things Lab
- Machine Design Lab
- Measurement & Metrology Lab
- Automobile Engineering Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab